Holiday Fruitcake Recipe
Description: Fruitcake is the source of many jokes. But, it is also
enjoyed by many. Once you stop laughing, we suggest you give it a try.
1 cup raisins
1 cup candied fruit
1 cup chopped nuts
2 cups flour
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 13 cups apple sauce
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons allspice
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Mix raisins, nuts and candied fruits and set aside.
2. In a second bowl, mix Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt, Nutmeg,
Cinnamon, Allspice, and Cloves. Set aside.
3. In a large third, bowl, cream together butter, sugar, beaten egg,
molasses, and apple sauce.
4. Add dry ingredients from step #2 above.
5. Add nuts, raisins and candied fruit from step #1 above.
6. Pour mixture into a greased baking pan.
7. Bake covered for about 1 hour at 350 degrees.
8. Cool and serve.
Compost Tumbler quickly converts kitchen and yard waste into rich,
Buy a Composter now
Got a favorite garden recipe to share? Email it to us. Include your first
name, last name (or the first initial of your last name), and where you live.
Contribute a recipe now
Indoor and outdoor Fertilizer
Seeds - 500 Varieties
Trees, Shrubs, Vines
Yard & Deck:
Carving Kits, Supplies
Gory, Scary Props